I’ve had some good reads lately. I’ve been reading more and more on my Kindle, just because it’s so darned convenient. I have tons of books by the likes of Stephen King, Jeffrey Deaver, Michael Connelly, CJ Box, Robert Crais and others on my stacks, sitting there unread, but since I’ve been reading when I’m in bed after lights out or in situations where I don’t have great lighting, the Kindle’s been the go-to source of stories.
Anyway, here’s a few things I’ve been reading recently. I’m not going to make too many comments, just say whether I liked them or not.
- DON’T LEAVE ME, James Scott Bell. Liked it a lot. Four to five stars.
- SEASICK, Iain Rob Wright. Good horror story, set at sea. 4 to 5 stars.
- UNDER THE EMPYREAN SKY, Chuck Wendig. Neat fantasy set in a cool world. A little slow on the uptake. 4 stars.
- SLOW BURN 6: BLEED, Bobby Adair. Zombie fiction, pretty good, lots of action. 4 stars
- SLOW BURN 7: CITY OF STIN, Bobby Adair. Zombie fiction, sorta slow with not as much happeniing. 3.5 stars
- VLAD V: VAMPIRE, Mit Sandru. A relatively short introductory novel, good enough that I want to read more. 4 to 5 stars
- COLD MOON, Alexandra Sokoloff. Satisfying third book in a series. Very fun and tense read. 5 stars
- HEART OF STONE, H. Lynn Keith. Very good thriller with SF elements and interesting characters. 5 stars.
- SPOOKED, Tracy Sharp. Good horror story with great pacing and characters. 4 to 5 stars.
- INTRUDERS: THE INVASION, Tracy Sharp. Another zombie story, but this one has aliens as well. Great first book in a series. Looking forward to the rest. 5 stars.
That’s enough for now. Interestingly, all of the above are indie authors. Something there for everyone!!!
On the docket: VLAD V: THE DEATH OF A VAMPIRE RIP by Mit Sandru, I, LAWYER FRAT PARTY by John Ellsworth, MORE THAN HUMAN: THE MENSA CONTAGION by Steven M. Moore, TIME HOLE by Mit Sandru, INVASION and CONTACT by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant.
Have a great day!